TERMS OF REFERENCE
Under the direct authority of
The Eexecutive Director, ASF, Pakistan
Localisation: ASF office located in Islamabad, Pakistan
1. ORGANISATIONAL CONTEXT
Acid Survivors Foundation is a Pakistani non-profit organization whose mission is to eradicate acid violence and promote human rights through peaceful democratic processes. Consequently, Acid Survivors Foundation follows a holistic approach and aims at 4 achievements:
- Establishment of a relevant legal framework
- Develop systems, capacities and infrastructures to provide relevant rehabilitation services so that survivors end up as proactive, autonomous citizens.
- Raise awareness and educate communities, stakeholders, law enforcement agencies, media, youth, NGOs and INGOs about acid violence and human rights in general with particular emphasis on the need to fight against domestic and gender based violence.
- Ensure that the survivors and their family access justice, social support and relevant medical care.
2. ROLE SUMMARY
The “accountant” is responsible for all activities related to: treasury, accounts, reporting, human resource management (logistics), taxation & administration.
3. ROLE DETAILS
- Handling of cash transactions along with preparation of vouchers
- Handling of bank transactions along with preparation of cheques and vouchers
- Posting all the transactions in cash book and bank book on daily basis
- Reconciling cash at the end of each day
- Reconciling cash at the end of each month, preparing cash count sheet
- Reconciling all the bank accounts on monthly basis, preparing bank reconciliation statements
- Keeping record and follow up of all the advances issued for expenditure
- Preparation of Journal Voucher upon clearance of advance
- Issuing payments for all the bills and stamping them as PAID at the time of payment
- Entering vouchers in accounting software and stamping them as POSTED
- Preparing receipt & payment accounts on monthly basis along with variation analysis
- Preparing for project audits in supervision of Director Operations
- Updating expenditure status (as per specified formats) on monthly basis for donor reporting
- Preparing forecast for next period (as per specified formats) in collaboration with activity in charge
- Ensuring follow up and respect of budget along with variation analysis
Human resources management
- Preparing payroll for staff members in last week of each month
- Keeping updated record of leaves of all employees
- Submission of withheld tax to tax authorities within deadlines (prescribed by law)
4. EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND PERSONALITY
Minimum 2 years with similar job description
Accounting software (quick books or Peachtree)
Keen interest in gender based issues and overall in social issues
Non judgmental attitude and willingness to learn
Team player and at the same time an autonomous worker
5. ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS
Bachelor or Master’s degree in commerce
6. WORK LOCATION AND CONDITIONS
Based in Islamabad
5 days a week from 9:00 to 6:00
One year contract with a possibility of extension
The salary package for this post is in the range of PKR 18,000 to 22,000 per month
ASF is an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, colour, religion, sex, disability or national origin.
Interested candidates should send their CV with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This job advertisement is open till 4th September 2012 – 18h00 PST.
- Previous Entry: 2nd media training on effective reporting of acid and burn violence and promotion of comprehensive acid and burn crime bill.
- Next Entry: Advocacy And Lobbying Workhsop In Lahore: 3 Parliamentarians Agree To Table the Comprehensive Acid And Burn Crime Bill In Punjab Provincial Assembly.