Pak blind cricket team captain served glass of acid in India
BANGALORE: The captain of the Pakistan blind T20 team has been hospitalized after drinking a chemical – he mistook it for water, Dunya News reported on Saturday.
The captain, who is leading national blind side in Twenty-20 World Cup Cricket Tournament for the blind in Bangalore, was apparently made to drink the hazardous liquid as the acid glass was served during breakfast.
Just yesterday, Pakistan blind cricket team thrashed India by eight wickets in the tournament.
Sultan Shah, Chairman of Pakistan Blind Cricket Council confirmed the incident which he says occurred at breakfast around 7 in the morning.
“We have demanded an investigation and it is for the authorities to ensure something like this does not happen again” Shah said.
Shah also sounded confident that his Indian counterparts would take care of the situation well.
The Pakistan squad is currently playing a match against Bangladesh and being captained by, vice-captain Mohammad Jamil.